Manages overall maintenance system and directs day-to-day maintenance activities for the plant and mine. Supports plant operations, mining operations, capital projects, engineering and process improvement projects.
Dimensions of Job: (Quantifiable characteristics for which the job has controlling impact, e.g. Dollar Measures such as sales, supplies, finished products, payroll and revenue; or Geographical Measures such as regional, national and international; or Personnel such as number of subordinates, indirect subordinates or functional reports).
Direct Supervision of 12-15 hourly employees at a site that operates 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
Accountable for operating within the maintenance budget. (Approximately $1.5 million/annual).
Manager is responsible for maintaining compliance with the Mandatory Minimum Standards Required, within his/her sphere of influence. This may include compliance with any air permits, waste water permits, storm water permits, or other rules as presented to the employee as requirements.
Responsible for completing any necessary documentation to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Responsible for knowledge of the basics of the regulations and laws effecting assigned work areas and working to help ensure that all regulations and laws are followed. Responsible for bringing all EH&S incidents or concerns to management for resolution.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: (Four to ten statements of accountability which can be observed or measured.)
Provides for the proper maintenance of the mine, mining mobile equipment, plant process equipment, process computers, Utility systems, equipment, buildings and grounds.
- Plans, schedules and coordinates department’s people resources.
- Works with Buyer to maintain an economical system of spare parts and supplies.
- Provides skill development to the Mechanical, Mobile Equipment and Electrical services group to achieve continuous improvement.
- Manages a preventative maintenance system to support the maximum optimization of plant resources.
- Researches and makes recommendations on methods to improve equipment performance.
- Manages relationships and leads decisions regarding outside contractors for Mobile Equipment maintenance.
- Plan and coordinate major maintenance that requires equipment shut down with other Department Managers in the plant.
- Utilize computer based maintenance software system to enter and update work orders, maintain equipment detail and schedule PM procedures for equipment maintenance and test equipment requiring calibration.
- Serve as SME (subject matter expert) team for element 220A – Site Level Change Management.
- Serve as SME (subject matter expert) team for element 400 – Monitoring, Measuring and Operational Control
- Maintain an action tracking system to enter; track and close action items that arise from audits, customer visits, MSHA inspections, etc. that might not be entered into the work order database.
Maintains process control computer systems.
- Plans, schedules, coordinates and trains required resources to maintain, troubleshoot and repair computer systems.
- Manages and controls all software associated with the process computer systems, including installation of new systems and upgrades of existing systems.
- Has good working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC hardware and software. Able to interpret ladder logic and program PLC’s at ladder logic level. Ideal candidate would also have a strong working knowledge of RsView, RsTrend and other Allen Bradley software interface programming applications
- Should possess a good working knowledge of instrumentation including, but not limited to: temperature measurement, flow measurement, pressure measurement & weight measurement.
Provides production and process development with process engineering support.
- Works with production and process/product development to move experimental products to commercial production.
- Assists production in troubleshooting non-routine quality and throughput problems.
- Recommends process enhancements to improve product quality and plant throughput rates.
Develops and manages various expenses and capitalized projects.
- Initiates and prepares written Capital Appropriation Requests.
- Oversees and executes capital projects within time and budget.
Ensures that quality standards for maintenance department are upheld by writing and monitoring applicable ISO 9000 procedures and by assuring that training is provided as necessary.
Ensures proper communication systems are developed and practiced to assure individuals are kept well informed with pertinent, timely information necessary for the successful operation of the facility.
Manages a department which fosters a team environment to fully support the objectives of plant operations while using various metrics to measure continuous improvement for the plant and team performance.
May perform other duties as assigned and that employee has been safely trained to perform.
Major Challenges: (Describe a few of the major challenges in achieving the job’s basic purpose.)
Maximizing equipment efficiency and performance while meeting operating plan and budget.
Developing and maintaining competent motivated employees to continually perform quality work in a safe and timely manner.
Manage the demands of a 24/hrs day operation with a limited staff.
Building a repository for electronic maintenance related documents including: owner manuals, part lists, etc. Linking these into the maintenance work order system.
Decision Making Authority: (Indicate the limits and controls on the job's authority.)
Consults with HR and Plant Manager on disciplinary actions, hiring/promotional decisions, training opportunities.
Completes performance appraisals twice per year (mid-term and final), competency forms as required.
Is exposed to heat, cold, dust/dirt, noise, vibrations, humidity moving equipment, for 8 – 12 hours at a time and/or underground mine environment for shorter periods of time.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs alone and heavier weights assisted, must kneel, squat, use hands and fingers to feel repeatedly. Must ascend and descend stairs repeatedly during a shift.
Must be capable of wearing required PPE for entire shift: Hard hat, steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, safety harnesses/lanyards, etc.
Must be able to operate equipment at a speed that is reasonable and prudent for the conditions while maintaining an efficient level of production.
NOTE: MSHA required training will follow Marble Hill’s Part 48 Training Plan including New Miner training and annual refresher. Prior MSHA training will be acceptable if proper documentation can be produced.
Note: Management retains the discretion to add or change the job duties of this position at any time. The incumbent is required to be thoroughly familiar with the company’s Equal Employment Opportunity Policy and to know and adhere to the company’s Affirmative Action Plan to prevent discriminatory action because of race, color, sex, age disability, religion or national origin.
Specialized or Technical Knowledge/Skills: (The knowledge/skills required to perform the job's basic responsibilities. Include education, experience and any licenses required).
Bachelor’s degree and minimum 5 years supervisory experience preferred or a minimum 10 years other relevant experience. (Heavy-industry maintenance and/or mining a plus).
Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with employees at all levels.
Must have working knowledge of software applications (MS Office / Excel / MS Word, etc)
Additional Salary Information: Salary dependent on experience
Internal Number: 1047
About Huber Carbonates, LLC.
Huber Carbonates, LLC is a division of JM Huber Corporation. J.M. Huber Corporation is one of the largest privately held, family-owned companies in the United States. The company was established in 1883, and is a diversified, global supplier of specialty and commodity chemicals, hydrocolloid solutions, engineered wood products and natural resources to customers spanning a wide variety of industries. The company has approximately $2.3 billion in sales and 4,000 employees worldwide, and a material presence in more than 20 countries.
Huber provides a wide array of excellent benefits to employees including:
• Generous healthcare coverage
• 401(k) with company match
• Paid time off
• Profit sharing
• Tuition reimbursement
J.M. Huber Corporation is an EEO / AAP employer.