This position will be responsible for supporting research, development, and engineering activities at Redstone Arsenal, Alabama. The Modeling and Simulation Engineer will also provide modeling, simulation, and performance analysis support in the area of missile defense. Major responsibilities include generating tools and scripts to provide analytical support in the areas of modeling & simulation, system analysis, and verification and validation. Generate and compare performance data. Provide detailed reports. Other duties include analyzing Monte Carlo simulations to provide a prediction of missile performance, executing the simulation to analyze deficiencies in observed flight behavior, reconstructing flight test trajectories for statistical error analysis.
• Programming in C++, Perl and Python
• Strong simulation analysis background
• Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and organized
• Computer competency required to include knowledge of MatLab
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills
• Master’s degree in computer science, physics, or engineering and at least 10+ years of experience or Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years experience
• Candidate must be a US Citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must be capable of obtaining a security clearance.
Additional Salary Information: Health and dental free for employee and family. 100% vested in 401k on first day of employment.
Internal Number: 1
About Gleason Research Associates, Inc.
GRA is a small business providing specialized products and services to support the warfighter in logistics, software development, and engineering.