DuPont Washington Works is seeking a Quality Manager for its Performance Materials Business. This position will have overall responsibility for the Quality performance of the East End manufacturing areas at Washington Works and will be a member of the WW East End leadership team, reporting to the WW East End Unit Manager. The WW East End Quality Manager position oversees day-to-day Quality System Management for all three manufacturing areas of WW East End and has ultimate responsibility for Quality performance and improvements. Excellent communication and engagement skills are required, as this position must coordinate activities between WW day support resources, WW shift Operations personnel, Customers and offsite DPM resources.
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Primary focus on the Customer: Managing Customer Complaints and driving to the goal of Zero Customer Complaints, facilitating Customer visits to WW East End, compliance with Quality requirements for new product development, etc.
- Integrating business needs and functional requirements to ensure the most competitive solutions to Quality issues are realized, including Capital project improvements.
- Providing sustainable processes and organizational structure/culture that deliver the desired Quality results
- Ensuring results are delivered over time (short term and mid-term) towards the expected Quality improvement targets
- Customer Interface for emergencies, inquires, visits, and audits. Manage internal DuPont complaint system, advise investigation, and approve all customer responses. Owner of Quality Manual and Quality procedures.
- Complaint Data Analysis and Improvement Program Development - Ensure customer complaints are handled appropriately, root cause and contributing factors are thoroughly evaluated, and complaint information is used for key factors analysis and improvement
- Work closely with all members of the WW East End organization (MT support, Operations, Partners, Leadership, etc.) to ensure the plant can meet Customer quality needs. Lead the quality effort including Management Reviews.
- Providing direction to the Quality support team in WW East End. Monitor performance vs. standards and expectations, and address gaps if necessary. Lead performance reviews, and set priorities, annual goals.
- Coordinate and participate in external ISO-9000, TS-16949 certification audits, internal Process & Product audits, internal system audits, external NSF, JET, UL audits
- Implement systems to comply with the new ISO-9001:2015 standards