Structural Engineering Division Manager
CME is a fast-growing engineering firm that provides innovative design and engineering solutions to complex transportation and development projects. CME is poised to continue to grow significantly in the next 5 years and we are looking for talent leaders to help manage our operations, client relationships, and technical teams.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial and innovative leader for our Structural Engineering Division with strong existing relationships with Northeast Departments of Transportation. This is an exciting opportunity to act as a regional leader to a team of highly skilled engineers, deliver on our client management and business development strategies, and to work collaboratively with other members of our Operations Management Team.
The Division Manager will be charged with fully developing the skills of our Bridge Design and Project Management staff members, developing and maintaining strong client relationships with current and prospective clients, and driving all staff development, performance, and growth goals to align with corporate strategy.
The chosen candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Success in developing and growing governmental client relationships
- Ability to develop and grow professional staff
- Effective team building and management
- Communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Appreciation for latest industry technologies and advancements
- Understanding of business performance metrics
In addition, responsibilities will include:
- Develop and motivate technical team;
- Promote and follow strong internal communication processes;
- Provide guidance, leadership and coaching to Department Managers;
- Work with Human Resources on personal development planning and assessments to ensure staff is developed in accordance with company goals;
- Communicate and steward corporate vision/goals/policies;
- Develop operational and sales performance goals and plans for the Division with the COO;
- Develop and implement business development strategies to strengthen market position for continued growth of the division;
- Ensure departments have the tools, resources, and support needed to effectively deliver;
- Work collaboratively with Operations Management Team to cohesively manage the organization.
The Structural Engineering Division Manager will report to directly to our Chief Operating Officer. As the position is a regional one overseeing our clients in Southern New England, we are flexible on the location of the position.